Can I purchase individual courses, or do I have to purchase a library of courses?
The system allows either (or both). See other FAQs for details.
Can multiple people share one user account? Can multiple people view the online course after setting up an account and paying for any given course?
The certificate of completion would contain only the name of the person listed on the account. And sharing your account would be a violation of the license agreement. See library of courses below for multiple person access.
How do online course fees work? Do I have options?
- Purchase access to individual course(s) with a credit card (or send a PO). The online access account allows a single person to view that purchased course(s) and take the final exam any number of times for up to 60 days from account setup date.
- Purchase access to a library of courses with a credit card (or send a PO). That library is available for unlimited use by multiple people as long as you pay the monthly fee. See next question for library benefits.
What are the benefits of purchasing a library of courses versus individual courses?
Libraries of courses offer several advantages:
- The fee per course is significantly lower if you purchase access to a library of courses.
- Library accounts allow for up to 10 user sub-accounts at no additional fee. Contact VISTA to enable others to access the courses in the library or if you have a need to train more than 10 employees.
- Library accounts enable unlimited access and are available beyond the 60-day limit for individual courses—all library courses are available until your monthly library account is cancelled (cancel anytime).
Once I pay for an individual course, how long is that course available?
Access to a course ends after 60 days from enrollment (payment) date. Completion data, exam scores and certificate of completion are not available after 60 days. Print the completion certificate prior to that date or purchase access to one of our libraries of courses. Library courses are available as long as you are a monthly subscriber. Long term tracking is available—contact VISTA.
What if I want to train and track my employees beyond 60 days or beyond cancellation of the monthly subscription?
To enable long term tracking of employee training, contact VISTA for a quote on a private Learning Management System (LMS) configured with your logo and all the courses you need. It’s actually very cost effective.
Can I add a library to an existing account that already has individually purchased courses in it?
Yes, contact VISTA to add a library to your original account. Another option is to create a new (additional) account that will only contain the library you are purchasing.
What if I want to provide other people access to my library?
The monthly library subscription fee includes up to 10 users to access the selected library. To add more users besides yourself, contact VISTA. If you eventually need more than 10 users (for an additional fee) to your library, contact VISTA.
What information is on the certificate of completion?
Anyone taking a final exam can view and/or print a certificate of completion. It contains the name of the course, your name (as entered when setting up the account), your most recent exam score, the date you took the exam and a place for trainee and supervisor signatures. Click here for a sample certificate.
Can I reprint the certificate of completion and/or save it to a file on my computer?
Yes, any time prior to the 60-day course expiration (or as long as you have a library subscription), you can reprint the certificate. You can also save the certificate to your computer (select “save to PDF” instead of a printer). You can retake the final exam many times. Only the latest score will be on the certificate.
Is there any feedback on final exam questions that I answered incorrectly?
Yes, an exam feedback report (incorrectly answered questions) can be displayed, saved and printed upon final exam completion (but only if your score is 50% or greater). The exam feedback report can only be printed or saved immediately after you take the final exam. You can retake the final exam many times for new scores and new exam feedback.
Why am I having problems logging into my account?
It is possible that you are trying to login on the incorrect website. The link you must use to access your course(s) or libraries is included on the receipt you received confirming the purchase.
What if I become an APWA member after I already purchased courses using a non-member account?
Contact VISTA to convert your account to an APWA member account and receive the member discount going forward.
Do I have to view the entire training course all at once?
No, you can stop and restart the course anytime. The system will create a bookmark to remember where you left off. This allows you to start on the screen you last viewed.
Can I view the entire course (or any given lesson or page) again after I complete the course?
Yes, you are welcome to view any or all lessons and pages of the course as many times as you like.
Do I have to view the course in order, or can I view the course lessons in any order?
You should take the course lesson by lesson as it was instructionally designed. You must complete all lessons in the order presented before taking the final exam. Once you complete all lessons and the final exam, you can return to the course and view any lesson in any order and even retake the final exam.
Where can I learn more about each available course?
Each APWA / VISTA online training course has the following on each course description page:
- Recommended Prerequisite(s): Heavy Equipment – Intro & Safety, Heavy Equipment – Pre-Use Inspection
- Estimated Length of Training Program: 1 hour + final test
- Number of Test Questions: 17
- Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person’s name, date and test score
- Incorrect Question Feedback report: Yes
- Language: English
- Narration: Yes
- Immediate online delivery for one person – viewable for up to 60 days
Can I use an Apple computer, iPad or iPhone to view these courses?
All 70 videos in the video library work on any platform (look for course titles that contain “video”). Quite a few of the eLearning courses have been converted to work on any platform (these course titles end with “H5” version numbers). Some legacy courses are written using Adobe Flash, which Apple does not support unless you are running a Windows-based browser on your Apple computer (by using Parallels, Vmware or similar)