#APWATransportation and #FocusOnPW on social media.
Focus on Transportation during the month of July! Take full advantage of these resources and don’t forget to share with your colleagues!
Greg S. Parker, PE, Transportation Committee Chair
As volunteers and experts in the diverse transportation fields, the Transportation Committee provides APWA members with resources for developing and exchanging ideas, knowledge, and innovative technologies. The committee members develop and advocate environmentally sound, sustainable, cost effective, and safe systems that enhance the livability and quality of life in our communities. Our committee members can also be called on to work with local, state, and national political entities when needed.
- Federal Transportation Subcommittee
- Road Safety Subcommittee
- Sustainable Transportation Subcommittee
- Winter Maintenance Subcommittee
NEW Education News: Technology in Transportation Series
- Are electric vehicles right for your fleet?
- Committees learn how to tackle Georgia traffic
- Three things you need to know about long-haul broadband fiber optic networks
Check out these Transportation Resources available in APWA’s Resource Center:
- A Better Way to Implement Local Federal-Aid Transportation Projects-Exchange Federal Funds
- Modernizing a Historic Downtown Neighborhood for Multimodal Connectivity-Lessons Learned from Phoenix’s First Two-Way Cycle Track Project
- Vision Zero: In-House Policy Development and Project Delivery
- Pothole Fact Sheet
- Community Outreach Resources: Traffic 101 and Taking it to the Streets
Shaping the World of Public Works: Learn about 20 popular transportation public works positions with Shaping the World of Public Works Career Chart. How could your agency use this tool to promote careers in transportation?
Principles of Transportation Management eCourse: Just entering the public works industry or wanting to further your professional development? The Principles of Transportation Management eCourse explains the roles and functions of traffic engineering and dives into the best practices and emerging trends relating to transportation management.
- Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector (CPII) is for individuals that inspect the construction of public infrastructure, facilities, and other types of construction work and materials to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.